Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Toyo R888 update

Griff

Further to the earlier thread on the special offer from Toyo to club members on their R888 tyres here, they now confirm somthing should be up on the Toyo UK web site by the end of the week.

As a recap - best price found so far was Top Stop in Andover (Glenn on 01264 772777) who initially offered £64 for 185/60x13 fronts and £74 for 205/60x13 rears, but after pressing improved this to £60 & £73 respectively. With Toyo's offer of £25 discount this would make a full set cost £241 including VAT, fitting & balancing. Compared to £290 for A048s delivered, unfitted from George Polley that works out around 25% saving for an equivalent tyre.

Cheers.....I'm off to Andover... *cool*

It's not pink, it's medium red violet... 😬

I should have added...

Toyo want the inital offer to expire end October but I've asked to extend to end of the year or at least end November to give time for people to make up their minds, find a supplier etc. If this offer is a success, Toyo will launch a new offer in the springtime.

It's not pink, it's medium red violet... 😬

Thanks Griff *thumbup*

I have bought 2 x 205 & 2 x 185/13 Toyo Proxes yesterday, paid £265 to Lethal Auto Design in Crawley,tel 01293 427407. They were very efficient (next day) and also sell a wide range of LEDs and accessories for the aspiring chavs amongst us *smile*

I reckon thats a good deal even without the discount.

Got to put some mileage on them before Brands on Monday now 😬

Martin

Sorry forgot that price included fitting to loose wheels

• Support Team

If you change tyre profile it will alter you overall gearing. Going from 45 to 50 profile will increase the overall gearing giving a higher top speed and will reduce the rate of acceleration. See this thread for more discussion. Google for gearcalc and download it - you can plug different tyre sizes in to see how it will affect top speed and speeds in each gear.

I am not 100% sure how much the acceleration will be affected but having spoken to a couple of people it seems that "noticeably" is the answer.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

195/50x15 will give you almost identical gearing to 205/60x13 which is a pretty common size. Vs. 195/45x15 it'll increase your ride height by about 8mm and your gearing by just under 3.5%.

That's assuming the tyres in question are in practice exactly the dimensions that the profile rating would suggest, which is rarely the case...

Mike

Fine by me for track days, I have the 3.92 diff which sometimes I find too "short" so maybe this will be a nice comprimise.

I was more worried about clearance of the arches and handling characterisics, but I don't forsee a problem...

Edited by - knowley on 23 Sep 2005 16:44:12