Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I need to borrow Delbert's Armani and Credit Card

FH

Having been confined to barracks all week, yesterday I decided I required a few provisions from the local shoppe. Found steering wheel and keys, went to garage and started little red car. Looked at fuel guage... hmmm... registering nigh-on empty ☹️ Spotted green fuel can, crossed fnigres and toesies that Mr FH hadn't stuck diesel in it 😳 and poured half a can into fuel tank.

Drove to next village, pulled up at the pump. Click. Try again. Click. Manage to put 68p's worth of fuel into tank, well, the ground actually 😳. Shake the car about in case of air lock. Try again. More squirties on the ground. Pay for fuel. Scratch head. Guage now registers just under half. Light dawns *idea* Last time I used the car was at Bruntingthorpe and it appeared that I used nearly a tankful playing on the circuit, which I thought was odd at the time. Fuelled up on the way home - only managed to get a tenner's worth in. Fuel guage registered just over half.

Am I looking at a guage problem or a fuel floaty thingum not being in the right place? Is it something a complete idiot like me can fix or do I need aforementioned suit and card and take the car to someone who knows what the hell they're doing, to fix my little problem?

Thank you chaps *biggrin*

FH *cool*

Small piece of masking tape stuck above the gauge, fill the taks and draw a line where the needle points, drive around a bit until the car stops, draw another line where the needle points - ta da! New, perfectly calibrated fuel gauge!

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬