Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Yellow driver's side rear wing

Dave Pearson

Dave - you are sad... 😬 *tongue*

Mark - haven't you got a grads car as well? You could always bring both... and if you don't do so well in supers you can come and beat us low-tech live axle types *tongue*

Andrew

PS. I might have your wing, I have a yellow-winged car, and I expect to be losing one or two in the course of the season! I'll drop you a note.

Andrew: You're right, I've still got my Grads car, so I'm keeping my options open. *smile*

I did try running 2 cars at Rockingham last year, it was quite a difficult day. I did not do the test day, so I'd forgotten where the circuit went, I'd got new brake pads on both cars, so the brakes didn't work properly until they were bedding in (nearly ran into the back of Graeme 😳), the Supers car was not set up in any way, shape or form (first time I drove it on track was in qualifying), so I spun 3 times! Just as you got used to one car you had to change to the other (CR322s to CR500s). So I qualified last in Supers & 11th in Grads! I made lots of changes to the Supers car in the lunch break to kill the massive oversteer & finished 14th & got the best improvers award! Then my Grads car threw it's dummy out of the pram because I'd got a new car & dumped all its oil over my windscreen - exciting at 100+mph!! So I'm not sure about running 2 cars.......

Dave: Sorry for hijacking your thread, but yet another bttt *arrowup*

Mark

Mark - I know what you mean, going from a 180bhp Vauxhall ex-race car with race everything and top sticky tyres to the live axle with CR322s surprised me. I went to Bedford which is a circuit I know and threw the grads car off twice in my first session *eek* and I wasn't even trying that hard!!

I was a little more circumspect with my corner entry speed from then on 😳

Andrew

That's ok fellas, hijack away!

If nobody wants the wing then i'll probably just bring it with me to the first few rounds. Somebody is bound to need it! (Probably me actually!)

Mark: I remember you seeming to be quite busy at Rockingham. Didn't know about the oil thing though, what caused that? Sounds a lot more scary than my driver's door coming off it's hinges half way through the race and hanging on by the poppers. I still kept fighting though! *mad* *mad* *mad*

Andrew: I'm taking the seat over to McMillan today...at last 😬

*arrowup* *arrowup* *arrowup*

Dave - does this mean you'll be rubbing against yellow-winged cars in order to make a sale? 😬 I would say I'll keep out of your way but I'll have to catch you first *smile*

I sent you an email last night offering you a swap for a black wing from my 2.0VX. However having seen the state of the wings when I took them off the car today I don't think you'll want either of them! Like you I intend to take these with me as spares as well as the yellow cycle wings and nosecone from the 2.0 car.

Andrew