Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Thermostat part number

grumpy the 7th

Not too sure on the part number for the 88deg jobbie. This is the standard Rover thermostat & would be the same for ali & standard rad. Not too sure how reliable they are. Had the thermostat fail open in my BMW 328 at 4 years old.

I wanted a 82 deg thermostat for my 1.6K so hunted through Halfords shelves until I found one to fit(HTK 605). Used the old 88 deg one as a template. If you have a standard engine might as well stick to the 88 deg one but you can get it from Halfords.

Mick

Woah! WHich thermostat are you talking about - the lecky switch at the top of the rad that controls the fan, or the jobby in the cooling system that actually allows coolant to pass to the radiator above a set temp????

If it's the former - I haven't a clue.

If it's the latter, then there is a thread here

One point to note though - I've just changed mine (and buggered the o-ring that seals the thermostat housing to the engine...) - and I bought the Halfrauds 78 degree one that Mick mentioned.

A warning - the rubber seal does *NOT* fit at all well - I tried sanding it down, but gave up and reused the old seal...

...if possible get the Rover jobbie...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Rog,

If your not sorted yet this may help.....

''Standard Thermostat is now PEL 10016 (£6.25 + VAT, ISTR) available from CC or any MG Rover dealer. It opens at 88deg. ''

My contribution to a thread a few weeks ago...

Good luck

Paul

SL No.174

Member No.109xx *cool*