Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

K Series wiring

karlrussell

Hi,

I am building a Fisher Fury with a 1993 1.4 MPi K Series engine and wondered if any of you guys could help with my problem.

I have most of the original engine harness from the 214 the enigne was out of, but did not have a relay module for it. I managed to get hold of one and along with a proper Rover wiring diagram sorted out some temporary wiring to get the engine running.

I have now replaced the wiring with something more permanent but now the engine won't start. The thing which I am really wondering about however is that first time round when I put the power on the stepper motor activated (clicked for a while then stopped) and the fuel pump ran then the car started on pushing the button. However, now I have redone the wiring the only thing that runs on ignition is the fuel pump. The engine will still crank but not start, then when the ignition is switched off the stepper motor makes all it's clicking noises.

So I guess I either had something wired wrong first time round or I do now. Can someone confirm when the stepper motor should do it's thing??

Cheers

Karl

Thanks for the info - will keep that for future reference!

I am pleased to say that we have sussed the problem - turned out to be a problem in the fuel line - sorted now and have 'driven' the car for the first time today!! 😬

Cheers

Karl