Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sprinting & Tyres

Eric McLoughlin

After 5 1/2 years, it's time (finally) to replace my Michelin MXTs. As I have dipped my (tentative) toe into the world of sprinting, I was wondering what was the general consensus on the best List 1A tyres available. I have a Classic SE and therefore fall into Class 1 of the Club's regulations. As I do minimal road mileage in the year (rarely over 2,000), road durability is not a factor.

Eric

If you are on 13" rims the tyre to go for is the Bridgestone RE720 (same compound as an S02) or a cheaper alternative is the Falken ZE502. Some people still still use Yokos but this is less commom these days,

Hope this helps

Graham

cool.gif1700 Live Axle X/Flow, got the engine upgrade now all I've got to do is try & beat the rest of the guys up the hill!!!!!id=red> cool.gif

Hi Chris

Nice to hear from you. I certainly would like to do one (at least) of the Curburough events this year. However, a change in work circumstances (ie. been made redundant and am now trying to set up my own accountancy practise) means that I am keeping a close eye on my finances for the next few months. The indications are that I should be able to get established quite quickly so I think my original 2002 plans won't have to be put on hold for too long.