Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fresh air heater. 90* angled rubber hose..........

CHRIS CLARK

.......... from the selector valve to the matrix. Is it available as a spare part?

I wondered if a Halfords or motor factors had a similar bit of pipe (13mm internal bore approx) that could be cut to suit. Anyone got any ideas? Need to sort this v quickly!!!

Chris,

I think you'll find the hose is tapered - 16mm down to 13mm. I tried many times to obtain the correct hoses from Caterham, but they could never supply the correct type. I went direct to Clayton, having read the thread here. I bought the longer hose which I cut down to suit ( Clayton part no. CX4609 ).

prisoner 43 C12 KAR - Some pictures here

Edited by - Gavin on 2 Jun 2006 02:07:45

On phone now as I type (to Clayton) and they do still have CX4609's. They are still 8.50 ukp but carriage has gone up to 10 ukp and that's all plus VAT !!!!

Their techie dept thinks the earlier ones aren't tapered!!!!

Car spare shops; here I come!

Edited by - CHRIS CLARK on 2 Jun 2006 09:20:24

• Area Representative

Check your existing hoses. The later heaters (my car is 2000) do not use tapered hoses. They are 16mm. bore. When I replaced mine I used red silicone 90 degree elbows with 102mm legs. These are a very common size which seem to be stocked by most silicone suppliers. I just had to cut down one of the by about 25mm. I'm sure you can also get them in plain rubber.

Got mine from SFS - 01582 488040 - good service.

Paul Richards

Joint AO - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

OK. Which of you lot thought the elbow was tapered? C'mon be honest!

Well it IS on my '96 heater!!!!!! Goes from 12mm to 16mm. I have sorted out a 'jubilee clip, D Jackson special' using 12mm hose from Halfords (2ukp per m), three jubilee clips (one of the original clamps was OK to re-use) and a plain 90* copper plumbing elbow. Not the prettiest elbow in the world, but it works OK so what the heck. Not too difficult to get the 12mm pipe over the 13mm 90* elbow and fairly easy to get it over the 16mm too when a bit of lube applied. Job done *thumbup*

I have a domestic radiator bleed 'tee' fitted to the top run pipe via a section of copper tube a little further down the line so to speak so may transfer the soldered-in nipple to the elbow. I could then do away with another set of jubilee clips etc. It might even look like it was supposed to be like this!!!