Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

My New 1.9 K Series

Mick Day

Interesting & exciting day yesterday spent with the Steve Greenald & his mate Steve at Track 'N' Road.

Dave Andrews built engine: 1.9 Scholar block; Pistal forged pistons; standard crank; single tang rods; VVC modified & ported head with BP285H cams; GEMS ECU; Caterham 4:2:1 exhaust; Pace dry sump.

We were hoping for 210 BHP with 155 ft/lbs torque but came away with 227.6 BHP @ 7770 rpm & 164.1 ft/lbs torque @ 6416 rpm *thumbup*

Using the standard fuel pressure reg the injectors were on maximum at over 7200 rpm. With this in mind it's expected to break the 230 bhp barrier when I've got the adjustable FPR fitted. Until then the limiter's been set at 7200.

Oh yes; my worries about the starter were ill founded as my little Magneton starter & Odysey 545 spun the engine up hot & cold all day.

So many thanks to Dave & of course the two Steves

Edited by - mick day on 29 Apr 2006 09:47:16

Well done, same spec as mine, but mine is 1800cc, so 20bhp for that 100cc and almost 20lb/ft more torque, so if anyone out there is wondering whether they should go 1800cc or 1900cc............ dam if only i was not 3 months too early 😬

Well done *thumbup*

Martin

MW 51 CAT

Superlight No.171

now known as:Superlight DVA 207