Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Undertray

Paul Thompson

I have made a couple of skid/sump plates for the drysump K . To protect the sump pan from bottoming out on road or kerb and also to offer some protection to the front pulley system .

Made from Ally Kickplate - weighs 450grams and mounts on the front chassis rail , OS engine mount and NS unused engine mount . So far 6000 miles of trouble free use , and has saved the sump from contact several times teeth.gif.

Dave

It may make the engine bay a little warmer I suppose but this

is not really critical on a 7 compared with some other car types.

Would you be covering the tunnel and rear too?

Ali that is thin enough to be light is not very resistant to

gashes by sharp objects.

Yes. I should own up but I think the best seven ever made was the JPE so the Vauxhalls will not be forgoten. Remember that Gary May engineers Martin Stewarts 750 championship winning car so we have both got a soft spot for the VX.

We originally tried to smooth the airflow under the car but have found that with some mods 'we think' we my be able to generate some downforce under the car. We have come up with some bits that can be to bolted on with out any mods to the chassis but we have not tested yet. The idea is that we get the suspension right first for a datum lap time and then we can see what effect the aero bits are having.