Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K&N Filter Top - Emergency

Wile7

Blatting down to Perpingan this afternoon and about half an hour in to the trip 'ping', 'swoosh' as the top of the foremost K&N took off and went under laurences car behind - mangled. I forgot to tighten it 'home' after giving the pair of filters a wash and new oil...... *mad* *mad* *mad* Thankfully a tupperware container lid did the job *thumbup*

I am in QUICK need of a spare 'top' for one of the standard 40 caterham webers - anybody have one that could be posted quickly down here? Problem is its a bank holiday in the UK......... ☹️ Cash plus donation to Ntl if someone comes up trumps 😬 Worth a shout though *smile*

Dave

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

Updated photos here

Must be a french thing, Dave.

My Lotus Twink engined 1981 car actually SWALLOWED one of its airfilter 'socks' last week. I'd been running some old 'socks' off a race engine I have, while I await delivery of some new K&Ns from DemonTweeks, and I'd had to shorten them to give bonnet clearance since I've just fitted new "double skinned" clamshell wings (with original Lucas 'King of the Road' bullet side/repeater lights....v pretty).

So I was blasting back up this hill at night in search of my hat which had just flown out of the passenger footwell, when I found the throttle wouldn't close, and the battery cutout had no effect apart from plunging me into darkness with a jammed open throttle.

Truly a puckery moment. I managed to retrieve the flat circular piece of the damned 'sock' from the throat of the rear dellorto, where it was jamming the butterfly wide open.

Fun fun fun! Still, at least it didn't get into the combustion chamber......

*eek* Crikey - that could have been rather nasty Unclefester. Luckily all ok *thumbup* It sounds as though you have a lovely car - I was watching a pair of those 'bullet' indicators in chrome on ebay recently. I am still undecided though.....I also have double skinned clams (they were on the car when I got it). We will have to try and meet up sometime *cool* *thumbup* Cheers for now. Dave

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

Updated photos here