Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack problems – help appreciated.

paul jacobs

I've recently finished building my CSR, which has a Stack instrument module. The problem is that I can't seem to get into the calibration program, which the handbook suggest you get to by pressing button 1 & 2 together. I've tried virtually every combinations of buttons and they just don't seem to do what the handbook says they should. The only one that seems to work as specified is no. 3 which scrolls through various layers or pages, the others seem to do nothing or keep getting me to the lap timing layer, even though I haven't got any of the lap timing hardware installed.

I can't calibrate the speedo or the fuel guage. Today, I took it for its' SVA which it would have passed if I'd had a speedo. which didn't overread by a huge margin! I've been in contact with Simon at the factory, but, at present, short of seeing the car, he hasn't come back to me with anything definitive. Has anyone any idea whats going on and how I might rectify it please.

Paul J. Life is what happens to me, while I'm planning to do something else!

Paul

sounds like a wiring problem or faulty switch, as you say 1&2 should get you into the setup menu

test the switch(es) by shorting the two wires togehter and see if you then get a change on the display, if not I'd suspect the Stack loom is faulty or damaged. Basic lap timing s/w is included for you to press the button as you go over the line so that's why you can see that from time to time

Mark

• Support Team

It might be something as simple as the wire has come off the switch. I went to change the speedo calibration when I changed tyre sizes a few weeks ago and it wouldn't work - turned out that the wire for switch one had popped off.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Paul,

I assume that you have noticed that the Stack order of the switches isn't the same as teh Caterham layout?

Too simple, but I thought I'd ask...

/regin

Growing old is mandatory - Growing up is optional