Click here if you are having website access problems ×

many questions in one

w powers

firstly, kevlar tillets, can I 'polish' out small scratches?

then where can I get some armour fend or similar to protect the bum part of the seat and preferably pre cut to shape or does anyone have a suitable template ?

secondly, I'm not have any luck with rear view mirrors, my first one fell off after a few months, I've just replaced the double sided sticky (well just stuck it on top of the old one) and now thats fallen off, where should I get a new sticker and should I clean the windscreen with white spirits or something first.

thirdly, R300 / R500 exhaust, whats the minimum mileage from new you'd expect it to last before needing repacking (the cars only 10months old / 1200miles), yes tut tut I should use it more!

I know this all probably sounds very easy stuff but nothting seems to be working right at the moment. *confused*

• Support Team

Rear view mirror - clean windscreen and mirror thoroughly with meths or a good automotive glass cleaner (e.g. Autoglym FastGlass). Allow to dry properly and then warm the windscreen with a hairdryer before attaching the mirror with the sticky pad. I used a Halfords own brand pad and it has held tight for the last 18 months.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Clean screen with meths or acetone.

Don't use the sticky pads, get the proper mirror adhesive with the mesh pad catalyst and it will not drop of again (speaking from experience of both methods).

The adhesive will cost you about £5 from Halfrauds so go to Wilkinsons and get the same product for £1.50 - a brilliant shop *thumbup* *thumbup*

The life of the packing in the silencer depends totally on how it is driven. If used on track, I would expect it to need repacking every 3- 4 track days if you want it to stay quiet on an R500 (R300, will last longer I expect because of lower gas volume and velocity). By the end of the season (8 track days) mine was completely empty.

On road use, it should last for years.

You can get an idea of how the stiffing is by tapping the silencer, If it rings, the stuffing has gone - if it 'thuds' it is OK

Car glass cleaners are made to clean but not over clean the glass so as the wipers do not drag, household glass cleaners are stronger but not ideal for car glass.

In this case use a quality house glass cleaner on the inside of the screen to get it really clean, do not use meths, this sometimes leave the screen greasy.

Stick the pad to the mirror base first then take it to the car, heat the pad with a hair dryer or heat gun the place in position, a little tape on the outside of the screen gives a reference point if needed. The glue and mesh is very strong but you need to hold the mirror there for 15mins to set, ideal for heavy mirrors with the removable base but not standard ones.

I have mounted the mirror on mine low down, I still have good rear views and better forward vision as it no longer gets in way of the left hand side of the car.

X/FLOW 1700 DD 1990

ROAD USE ONLY..SO FAR