Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Longcross Cheiftain Sprint today 23rd April

Bilbo

Hi Mark

Sorry to hear about your off but VERY pleased to hear your ok.

Also the same to Dave McFarlane, think I have the name right, that also had an off in what sound like the same place.

Mark I also forgot to thank you both on the day and in my previous post for arranging the sprint it a ever is much appreciated *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Looks like I was the slowest of the day not that its any surprise to me, even with that very poor time my car was sliding on the front *confused*. Think most of us were just lucky we did not do the same. Think I rather gave up on the timed lap even so I nearly exited on that lap and had a few moments before on other laps. Changing from the middle lanes unexpectedly on the M25 was a near thing in the torrential rain on the M25 on the way home the car next to me really lost it fortunately we both went in the same direction and the oustside lane was empty, the hill was more like a river One minute just raining the next a flooded hill. I did wonder at the time if the storm was heading over that way 🤔

Still I hope it does not hit either of your pockets too hard but it obviously does sound like it your case Mark. Still I hope we all see you back very soon.

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

robmar

although a L7 club member I'm not entered in the club speed championship- car has been used more for endurance racing- still had about 45 litres of fuel in the big tank which must of helped with rear grip *eek*

we had a good day out, although like most Longcross in the wet focuses the mind. James probably pulled his engine apart when he saw the five day forecast 😬

glad Mark's ok, as we get older realise the car can always be fixed, unlike us,although David and I do our best 😬

look forward to seeing you at the scorpion

jerry