Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Duratec Throttle Question Part 2

rgrigsby

OK following on from the throttle pot question I have another strange thing happening, when I shut the throttle of whilst driving the revs don't seem to be dying as quickly as I would expect. Ultimatly after a bit of drive the idle moves up to about 1200rpm instead of 1000rpm.

To me this suggests the throttle is being held open, so I had a look at the Jenveys and the throttle linkage looks fine, it snaps shut completly with no stickyness at all.

So now I'm confused, if the throttle linkage is closing fully how can the throttle be staying open a little??

I have DTH Raceline Jenvey's on a 2.3l Duratec by the way.

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

The throttle cable is nicely slack on the linkage at idle? No cracks? Otherwise like has been said, lack of seal against the head (I think you just use sealant rather than any standard gasket). It seems unlikely that they are just out of balance.

Hi

I had some funnies with my Duratech around idle. The transition from "foot off" to "foot on" the loud pedal was a bit sharp. Also the TPS idle position needed re setting rather too often to keep it running smoothly. In the end it turned out to be the throttle pot breaking down. It finally failed 2 days into a French blat. I had to have another TPS couriered out (Thanks Raceline!) and that solved it.

Might be worth a check.. us an AVO to see if the impedance (or voltage if you have the ECU connnected) varies smoothly from one end of the travel to the other.. an oscilloscope would be better than an AVO to catch transients.. but not many people have one of them in their garage.

Good luck

One of the Duratectives