Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LYDDEN

CHRIS TODD

Chris,

I think mine was the only Geen & yellow one there (parked near the hair pin) My first ever spotted *tongue*.

Quite a few 7's there today, I wonder if my thread on chitchat helped. Excellent days racing I thought. Especially the Lotus Exige (nice start in second heat). Shame the 6R4 and the Nova didn't make the Super Final!

When I went back to my car, a japanese guy was having his picture taken standing next to it. I thought 'I'll make his day' and invited him to have his picture taken whilst sitting in it. To say the least, he seemed overjoyed! and after taking numerous photo's, his English friend said 'thanks very much, they don't have anything like this where he comes from', to which I replied, ' No problem, it's not my car anyway!' 😬. The look on their faces was brilliant until they relised I was only joking!

Did you have your 7 there? I saw a nice yellow one with taped up headlights (no trackdays in that then!) T7 VVC?, but didn't see the owner.

Bruce.

Pete,

Glad you made it. I hope you managed to walk around the pits. Some of those cars are awesom close up (especially the engine in the Metro 6R4). I quite liked the 'screaming' Renault Clio with the 2ft flames and bangs coming out the exhaust each time the turbo waste gate opened!

Overall a geat day out with plenty of action.

Bruce.

I was there, green SS parked at the top of the hill. Have been going for years. It's great value and the Supercars provide some of the most exciting racing you will see anywhere. They also seem to be improving the facilities and venue slightly.

6R4 has always been my favourite. There used to be 2 or 3 of them running plus a manic RS200 (Pat Doran). It didn't seem to be as reliable as the Fiesta, but for noise and length of flame out of exhaust it took some beating.

The food from the green hut also takes some beating.

Neil

I was there for a couple of hours in the afternoon - BRG with yellow stripe and Brooklands screens, parked about 50 yards from the gate. I was great to see Lydden so full. I liked the way the races are organised to quickly at Rallycross - like a great big kart meeting. All very friendly, and the chip stall down by the collecting area still does the best unhealthy grub at any track I know. I must add Lydden to the list of 'best things about England' thread.

Chris, I was a bit late getting out in the morning and passed a lot of traffic on the A2 coming into London. I was a bit worried about getting home after beddy-byes time being bank holiday monday and all so didn't want to stay that long. I watched the final of the biggun's (A Class ?) at the hairpin and figured it wouldn't get any better than that so decided to go for a pee and drive home.

Bruce,

Nice speaking to you on Monday...I was driving the Blue Roadsport, parked next to my mate's Westfield!

Absolutely agree, what a great day out, and it was superb to see a 6R4 racing. It took me back to when I watched Will Gollop racing a black 6R4 at Brands.

Good luck with your hunt for a new exhaust.

Keith