Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil surge.........

Martin S.

I'm concerned I may get oil surge problems when I do some track days this year. Engine is a '94 Dunnel Zetec with lowline sump which I think is pretty well baffled. Is it worth overfilling with oil or should I stop worrying??!! I'll probably be on Yoko 021's or possibly 032's.

Lazy question now. Do I need an oil catch tank on the block breather as well as rocker cover breather?

Even more lazy question. How do you lot do smilies on your posts?

You don't need to comply with Blue Book words for track days but of course it won't do any harm.

Just to be clear you need a single catch tank and feed all breathers to it, I wasn't sure from your comment whether you were going to try and put a 2 litre catch tank on each breather....

Incidentally a 2 litre is huge and you'll struggle to find somewhere to fit it under a Caterham bonnet. I wouldn't dream of suggesting that you disregard Blue Book rules but a quick look round the paddock will find a lot of catch tanks under 2 litres capacity. Some scoundrels go as far as using a beer can. It's a 440ml Stella can on mine, oh what a give away...