Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Alu radiator repair

F355GTS

Are Bagshot radiators still on the A30? They used to repair and/or recore radiators but not sure if they still exist as I haven't used them for aeons. Might be worth a look in the yellow pages. *thumbup*

Have you found the cause of your overheating problems with this Mark?

Brent

2.3 DURATEC SV Reassuringly Expensive

R 417.39 😬

Edited by - Brent Chiswick on 13 Apr 2006 10:08:20

Mark if your leaks are from the point where the core joins the side tanks. I would not waste my time with a repair. I have had three of these rads fail in less thah one year. CC refunded my money and I bought a Radtec which is braced top and bottom between the tanks thus the core does not support the tanks and they last longer. hopefully *biggrin*

Oh dear. Mine old CC race rad is leaking where the core joins the tank. Should I really not bother getting it repaired? How about getting it braced at the same time? Certainly over a year old, though less than a year actual use. I have a Pace one now, which looks very similar - will check to see if it's braced.

I understand it is Pace who make the Caterham triple pass rad.

I went down the Radtec route when looking as they were considerably cheaper than the others, and there had been no reports of failure / unhappy customers...

My Radtec is leaking! I'm not an unhappy customer as such, its done the miles, but I do want to fix it. Leaking at the top, where one of the horizontal 'pipes' joins the side member. I'm sure it can be fixed by 'filling' around the joint, possibly even with soldering?

www.mycaterham.com

here

91,000 miles -1st 1.6k Supersport, '95 Motor Show car