Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Novice questions

martin b

Rightio, trying to get organised for Longcross and new to sprinting.

I presume I will hear from Sutton & Cheam with a competitor number soon 🤔

I will need two white backgrounds for the numbers, blue book says oblong , one on either side is enough 🤔

I need to buy a pack of numbers, 9" corresponds to the 230mm required 🤔

Saw posts about vaseline/polish stopping the stickers from pulling off paint, do most keep the backgrounds on their cars and just change the numbers each event 🤔 Look a bit strange but what the heck

All I need to do now is drive the bl...dy car, been too busy with work, i've only driven it to the MOT station and back in the last 2 months. Excuse Number 🤔

Thanks in advance, probably some more numpty questions to come.

Martin

1. yes, if you have a confirmed place, this usally comes through 7 days before the event, so any time now

2. yes that will be enough, to be honest a lot of people do not run with the backgrounds

3. numbers yep should be ok, although ISTR that you can buy them ont he day if you forget

4. as mentioned in #2 most don't bother with backgrounds

rob

My MSN Space and Blog - Syndicate Using RSS

Martin

Most clubs DO NOT provide numbers at the event and you need to make sure that you have them before then.

I have had the white backgrounds on my car during the season for the last few years. I polish the car a few times before putting them on making sure a good layer of polish has built up. Then use very soapy water to wet the area where you are going to apply the bachground. Apply the background from the top down using a credit card or similar to press out any air bubbles from under the background. If you make a mistake the soapy water wil let you pull the background away from the bodywork quite easily and try again. Using this method I have never had any problem removing the backgrounds at the end of the season.

If you don't press the numbers onto the background too firmly they will peel off easily after each event.

See you at Longcross *thumbup* 😬

Martin

As my last car was BRG and Yellow I had some yellow ovals made up and I followed the same process as Kipper for fitting. I always found the numbers came off easily provided they were removed a day or two after the event and when I came to sell the car I used a hairdryer to warm the sticker and it came off leaving the paint behind *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Martin,

If you have a BRG coloured car I would not suggest you use black numbers. Some scrutineers - and timekeepers - will complain about the lack of contrast - particularly if the car is being double driven with additional numbers or deletion bars on.. Either use white numbers od use a white background and black numbers.

Brian

Clerk of the Course.