Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

New Loom

caterhamnut

I think I'm going to get a new loom for our rebuild. I guess it is just straight purchase from Caterham, for a 1.6 K SuperSport.

What level of completeness does a new loom come with - should I just be able to 'plug n' play' or do I need lots of extras as well....

www.mycaterham.com

here

91,000 miles -1st 1.6k Supersport, '95 Motor Show car

Angus,

Think you'll find that's just for the chassis loom and doesn't include the engine loom.

When I rebuilt my car a couple of years ago I installed a new chassis loom. Need to make sure it's compatible with your (EU2?) ECU. Apart from that it should be plug and play.

Best bit is sitting in the lounge one evening identifying what each plug should connect to. The original hand drawn circuit diagram is useful here as it has lengths marked on it too. I worked out pretty much everthing using that and one of the newer diagrams. Marked each lead with some masking tape and then took it to the car to install.

Steve.

Angus,

It's unfortunately only the chassis loom. I think I was quoted some 180£ - again plus VAT for a VVC (EU3) loom.

As Mark suggests there may be an issue with interfacing the engine loom to a current chassis loom, but all you'll need it to fit a connector to your engine loom that connects to the chassis loom.

I think I have two of these on old non Caterham engine looms I can cut off for you should you need one. The pins will not be reuseable though, so I don't think it's worth it :-(

/regin