Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ACB10's???

Snapper

Well the new Superlight arrived at last, I must say I am a very happy man.. I went out for a couple of hours blatting around the local lane outside Birmingham. Great fun.

But one big question, The car came with ACB10's and now that I have taken the shine off the surface it does not look like there is much tread.

So how long or should I say how many miles should they last while doing road miles??

And if used only on the track, how many track days should I get out of a set??

New Superlight Has Arrived teeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gif The Smiles Just Gets Bigger wink.gif

The ACB10's CAterham supply are A33 compound which is the hardest made. To confirm, the tyres should have Caterham written the sidewall in small letters. If not there is a 4 digit number branded in the sidewall which should likely be:

7404 6.0/21.0-13 A33 76V

or

9064 6.0/21.0-13 A33 76V

If the number is different, email em and I'll tell what they are.

On the subject of wear of the tyres you should get at least 3000 brisk street miles unless you go doughnutting.

On the track, 2 - 3 decent trackdays (400-600 miles) will see them unfit for road use.

The good thing about ACB10's is that the tread rubber is applied to a harder carcass compound, so if you run bald or almost bald on trackdays you will just suffer a progressive loss of grip as the tread dissappears.

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Edited by - Fat Arnie on 22 Jan 2002 21:17:48

the wear will be different front to back and side to side, if you do not rotate

1 pair of fronts

3 rear off side

5 rear near side

the problems of clockwise tracks!

the not so light Superlight

Edited by - K16 TOY on 23 Jan 2002 21:09:15