Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Numpty Corner

Casey

A section for beginners - a numpty corner - with an agreement that replies will be non technical

What manual can I buy that will tell me how to go about doing a head gasket on a K series 1600 1997 car? I've asked elsewhere but no answers.

Whats a vernier and what is the benefit?

• Area Representative

No new sections, we have just the right number at the moment. It could even be argued that we have too many...

but don't say anything if you do think this.

Best thing to do re your questions is to spend an hour (it will take you an hour if you go through things carefully) using the search facility, it is your friend. Many ostensibly "numpty" questions have been answered in clear style both in Tech Talk and Chit Chat.

Re: books:- look through some Haynes Manuals for cars with similar spec engines. If in doubt ask, probably in Tech Talk.

Ed to add: the site is much, much larger than you realise initially. Look through 7FAQ. Check out the wiki section for members contributions. As you dig deeper you will realise how much there is.

Edited by - Golf Juliet Tango on 11 Apr 2006 16:01:16

Thanks for your thoughts and advice.Sadly my questions have not been answered and after more than an hour digging deep I still do not have the answer.

I have also used 'search'. It just goes to show that life 'ain't perfect' and we all need different things - except I suggest, the answers to some basic questions!.

I even phoned CC, told them which engine I had and asked about recommended Manual. Ans: Don't really know. Is it really a secret or does is it mean that I should not attempt any repairs if I dont have all the necessary knowledge?

I think the best thing about Blatchat is that if you dont want to look in a particular section there is no requirement to do so!, so I say the more the merrier as long as the content reflects the section title.

wiki ????