Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Help with fuel rail!

Red SLR

Does any one know the overall diameter of the Jenvey fuel rail, ie the tube section that runs the length of the injectors.

I am not with my car and I need to get some fuel hose today, I think it is about

half inch but I dont want to guess.

Cheers

Simon.

X777CAT

Simon, Arnie had a fair point. JIC fittings are described verbally as "dash six", "dash four" or whatever.

The way they are written uses a hyphen to unobtrusively indicate this, but if this was your first acquaintance with such fittings you wouldn't have known to say it as "dash".

Considering you were asking whether a pipe fitting was "half inch" or not, it was a fair assumption that you were not hugely familiar with the topic. Going to a hose fittings supplier you were going to get a lot further by asking for a "dash six" than anything vaguer.

There is something pertinent about a little knowledge being a dangerous thing. Pretending you know more about a subject than you do in front of a knowledgeable supplier is not going to get them on your side. Sounds like you took the best approach and got the expert to give their opinion.

Having been around here long enough you should shurely know that you are fair game for a bit of pi$$ taking. Perhaps Arnie was just expressing his belief in your level of techie understanding...