Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R500 Carbon Screen

EFA

Arnie, I could be interested in your screen. Is this a Caterham originalwink.gif? Is it possible/sensible to fit it (as a screen replacement) without changing the scuttle etc. If so, what would be involved in switching back to a screen if required or is this a one way street?

C7 OCU

Andrew.

I am in the process of fitting one of these screens. Yes it is possible to fit the screen using the existing holes as used for the full wind screen. The two wiper holes, screen wash jet hole and holes for the heated screen wires can all be used as fixings. To use the heated screen wire holes its necessary to extend the bottom return lip of the aeroscreen by 20mm. You could use some glass fibre, CF or bond some small pieces of alli to extend the return.

Thanks Rob, This sounds as though I will need to actually remove the wiper motors, screen wash jet etc. I was rather hoping that I might be able to leave them in place thereby making a switch back to a screen less of a mammoth job. Probably rather naive I guess, but we live in hope as they say!

Its possible to push down the wiper pillars below the scuttle and get away without removing the wiper /mech but the washer jet will have to be removed as the aero screen should be positioned 75-80 from the front of the scutttle and that over the top of the wiper pillars and washer jet. You also need the hole as one of the fixing points.