Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Chassis + skin corrosion.

Roadsport06

Meanwhile down at the job centre

"..............."You have the one GCSE and that's in embroidery? I'm sorry but you are waaaaaaayyyyy too over qualified go and see Mr Cheesewick and ask him if you can make ducking for him"

NEXT *tongue*

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Suppliers for the following products are

1) Rustbuster- do a google search

2) frost.co.uk

Corromax 3125, to cover all exposed surfaces and to inject into chassis rails. If you havn't sealed the rivets that attach the floor skins to the chassis rails this can be quite revealing as it drips through. supplied in 1 litre tins.

This can be applied using a compressor and spray gun and can be thinned with white spirit if you wish. Rustbuster offer a mains operated spray gun that can be used for this.

On top of this I used Dynotrol metallic avaialble in spray cans, this forms a firm coating which is durable..

For the gap between the footwell and side skins I chose to fit a rubber sheet which was attached by velcro. This provides a simple barrier, that allows the area to breath and can be removed for inspection/retreatment.

Velcro fitted covered with tape, then drench the area with both dinotrol products, remove the tape and attach the rubber sheet.

I did this after removing the inner skins inside the cockpit and found lots of crud had entered, presumably from the engine bay.

The surprise for me was when I placed an inspection lamp in the engine bay and could see the light from it when looking down each footwell with the inner skins removed.

The two web sites give good info

MAK