Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear fog light

GuyT

MOT coming up, so I thought I'd check things over - the rear fog light isn't working. Can anyone point to common faults. I've looked at the bulb and the filament seems intact though I haven't put a current across it yet. There is absolutely no writing on the glass or metal bit of the bulb. Does anyone have a number for one of these and is it a Halfrauds item?

Thanks - GuyT

• Support Team

Standard 21W bulb. Check that your headlights are working as the fog only comes on with headlights on. If not then suspect the fuse or the dip switch which is best sourced direct from Caterham as i couldn't find anywhere else that stocks them.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 29 Mar 2006 08:42:37

Over the last couple of years I have lost both fog lights at different times. In both cases it was exactly the same simple problem, the grub screws that hold the wires had loosened a little. This was enought to stop them working. Turn of a screwdriver and fine *thumbup*

Guy

Check that your headlights are working as the fog only comes on with headlights on.
In fact the fog light only comes on with dipped headlights. The fog lamp will switch off when you choose main beam.

Chris

2003 1.8K SV 140hp see it here

• Support Team

Chris - I originally wrote that and then doubted myself 😳 so edited my post. glad to know I wasn't imagining things. My problem was that the dip switch had failed so I only had main beam.

Yellow SL *cool* #32