Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight R300 - insane low price - must sell - SOLD

frankyknuckles

A1 condition R300 for sale. Built by myself and serviced by myself with no expense spared. Two years old with 10,400 miles.

£18,500

SVA'd and road registered in March 2004.

Fully specced and at a bargain price for quick sale.

Specification

Aztec Orange R300

XPower 160bhp 1.8K series

Roller Barrel Throttle Bodies

Limited Slip Diff

Dry Sump

Stack Display

Tillet Seats

Uprated brake master cylinder

7" Caterham Stainless Steel Repackable Silencer and de-cat pipe (to reduce noise on those 'quiet' track days)

Carbon fibre rear wings

'Caged' FIA Race Cage

Caterham 13" 8 Spoke Anthracite Wheels (8.5" rear / 6.5" front)

Yokohama A048R tyres (205/60/13 Medium rear 185/60/13 Soft front)

Carbon fibre pedal box cover

Rear Wheel Protection Bar - Colour Coded

Orange SAMCO Silicone coolant hoses

Keyless Ignition

Starter Button

Battery M/S

Aero Filler Cap

Note that car no longer has headlights / front indicators or brackets (but can easily be re-fitted)

Engine

MBE Remap by Steve Greenald Track n Road

Verniers and throttle body setup by Dave Andrews

Inlet cam - Lift at TDC .070" (70 thou) lobe centre/full lift at 106 degrees ATDC

Exhaust cam - Lift at TDC .055" (55 thou) lobe centre/full lift at 110 degrees BTDC

Full build diary and pictures available here

BJ Minno Trailer also available £1,300 (trailer only available with or after sale of car).

Long ramps

Large tool box

high level tyre rack

triple lock hitch

spare wheel

rear load supports

new jockey wheel

front wheel chocks

4 x 3" tie down ratchet straps

2 x 20 litre jerry cans

www.R300.net

Edited by - frankyknuckles on 15 May 2006 19:10:19

Edited by - frankyknuckles on 15 May 2006 19:15:01

Edited by - frankyknuckles on 24 May 2006 21:15:26

Dave

It's a great car, but it would surely be much more saleable if it was put back to a road legal spec....

After having been out in mine for 4 hours today, the thought of not having one is too much to think about.

Put the lights back on, tax it, and put some miles on the damn thing *wink* *thumbup*

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. 8000 miles completed!

Thanks Angus *thumbup*

The car is SVA'd. It is also road legal, all that is required is the headlights need putting back on, the number plates putting back on and tax, the car is then 100% road legal.

If someone was to express a keen interest with the addition of these items, and even went so far as to offer a bid on the car but on the condition that I make it road legal again (one days work) then I would be happy to sort it out *smile* but so far, not even a glimmer of interest *thumbdown*

www.R300.net

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those that have enquired, the head has not been modified or lifted from the engine. The Engine is in standard R300 spec as provided from the factory apart from having Verniers fitted and timed by Dave Andrews. The ECU has been re-mapped by Steve Greenald, the power run graph can be seen here. *thumbup*

www.R300.net

Edited by - frankyknuckles on 28 Apr 2006 10:26:27

Just as a BTTT, I think the pictures and the build diary show what a fantastic looking car this is, but I can vouch from personnel experience that it drives and handles fantastically too.

FK was kind enough to let me drive a couple of sessions at Bedford over Easter. The set up is spot on and although V diffent to the set up on my old car it was easy to come to terms with and great fun to "lean on" *wink*. Engine pulls like no other R300 I've driven and is perfectly tractable when pottering around the pit lane.

All in all as good a car to drive as to look at (oh, and nothing beats the kudos of that SLR cage and no lights at a trackday *cool*)

W.Nut *thumbup*.

Rosso Superlight no.087 (no longer)

• 2 weeks later...