Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Very O/T Rochdale Olympic

Silver 21

Need to clear my lock up down so my Rochdale Olympic restoration project is for sale.

For those unaware of these cars they were produced from the late 50's until late 60's by Rochadale Motor Panels. This is an early car originally fitted with ford split beam suspension and a ford E93A engine. Currently fitted with a triumph herald engine but have not got round to removing it.

Car is styled on a porsche 356 and is a complete fibreglass monocoque shell, all suspension/engine mounts being bolted through reinforced sections.

Open to sensible offers around the £950 mark, but be warned this needs total restoration, it has a V5 with it.

Graham

*smile*Lotus 7 Club General Secretary *smile*

Graham

Good to hear of a Rochdale still in existence. But surely the Olympic Phase

One had BMC A and B Series engines together with Morris Minor torsion bar front suspension on a glassfibre monocoque bodyshell?

The earlier Rochdale GT and Riviera models were Ford Specials built on Ford 8/10hp (or Anglia/Prefect/Popular) chassis. These were the ones which used sidevave 1172cc engines and beam axles, sometimes chopped in half to provide very crude independent front suspension.

But the Olympic was a far more sophisticated car, introduced in 1960 and quite highly regarded at the time.

Edited by - mikevernon@talktalk.net on 26 Mar 2006 22:19:20

Mike

You are right but the very early cars were offered with split beam and ford sidevalve power, have a brochure to prove it *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*.

(I also used to own a GT so I know about those as well)

Graham

*smile*Lotus 7 Club General Secretary *smile*