Click here if you are having website access problems ×

hiccuping 7

Tom

Calling all technically minded Seveners!

After 30 odd miles of driving my Superlight 1.6 started hiccuping. Well, not quite hiccuping, but shuddering. It happens when you put your foot down. Almost like there's a fuel blockage which clears and then comes back then clears again. Doesn't sound at all healthy and reminds me of various old cars I've owned which desperately needed a service. On the other hand it was sudden, one minute fine, then like this, and I had the 12,000 mile service done in october.

I don't have a clue what the problem is and I guess she'll have to limp in to Hyperion next week.

Any ideas?

Has it been laid up for a long time if so drain and refill with new H/Octain fuel also could be dicky plug breaking down under load. If you are running on std managment try resetting the Ecu.

If its a std 1.6 S/Light there cant be much else Presuming all air/vacuum hoses are sound.It can't be carb there ain't one or points none either Injectors I doubt it, Possible fuel pressure but not often,thats the beauty of these cars there is so little to go wrong.

jj

Johnty,

Could be the things you mention, though she hasn't been laid up at all.

I'm not able or willing to do anything too complicated.

How on earth would you reset the ECU?

Perhaps I should leave this to the experts!!!