Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ebay section

Petrolhead

For what it's worth....... and yes I did sell something on ebay recently without offering it exclusively to "the club" ....... how can it be "fairer" or "for the good of the members" to put something on our forum for sale instead of just letting everyone know it is on ebay 🤔 🤔 🤔 At least ebay will host a fair auction system instead of a first come first served if you happen to be on blat chat at that moment system!! (Maybe those who grumble about it just haven't figured out how ebay works yet *confused* *confused* 😬 🤔)

If it is on ebay then he who wants it the most can have it. (Perhaps some of us need every penny we can get from selling something to even allow us to afford to run a 7!!!)

Definite yes from me for an "items on ebay" forum if only to allow people like me to "advertise" bits we are selling without getting moaned at by people who want it cheap before anyone else even sees it!!!

MY CAR

Simon S

S5 SVN

😬I am NOT receding.... I just like aeroscreening! 😬

Simple solution is....sell on eBay, mention it on Blatchat.

If a Blatchatter wins the auction/buys the item, then adjust the price they pay accordingly.

I did this last week when a fellow BC'er won one of my auctions.

I even delivered the item FOC too *smile*

Steve

SE7EN-UP!

Incorporating the Caterham Links Database

Simon

Its not a case of getting somit for nothing.

Its always up to you what you sell things for.

Its just that as soon as its on ebay then you may still get the same price but not to someone in the club. And ebay is so impersonal etc etc.

I for one, would always try to sell to people I know before going the ebay route

I am only suggesting that the club member get the first option to buy. If it has not sold for what you want, say withing a few days, then put it on ebay

NE7Club Web Site

R5 no 65 😬 *cool*

Good point there Darren. I think you could simply end up with a shed (pardon the reference) load of different fora for all the differing scenarios. So lets keep it simple as it is at the moment.

I still can't see anything wrong with ebay as it gives everyone a fiar chance to make a purchase. From the sellers pov if he/she is unsure of the value of something then it's the easiest way. Let those wanting to buy set the price at auction.

Steve.

To balance the agrument, isn't putting stuff in For Sale on BC, and not on Ebay, unfair to those club members who don't have PC access all day when at work? *wink*

Ian - MI 5EVN - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬 now repainted to match the Autocom headsets 😳