Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

More light needed

Graeme Smith

Try Phillips Vision Plus from powerbulbs.com. They are meant to be 50% brighter with a 20 metre longer main beam. Have just fitted them to my Impreza and can say they are a marked improvement over the std items. They also are legal at 55/60W. Cost, £17.50 a pair and at the moment you get a free set of sidelights.

Toyed with the PIAA bulbs but at £70 a pair and pulling a higher current decided against, also they have a tendancy to pop alot more frequently than the others so could be a problem on an old boneshaker like the 7.

Had been looking at the Powerbulbs site - I'll give the Philips bulbs a try on the road.

Chelspeed - couldn't find your thread by searching. Does it have different title? Although I'm perhaps not so bothered about aim - there (shouldn't be!) anyone coming the opposite way...

Any thoughts on extra lights? I had a look in my local motorshop and they've got dinky little projector lamps (less wind resistance?). Perhaps I ought to try the Max Power forum - "Go for the Ice Blues, they're kickin'" biggrin.gif