Click here if you are having website access problems ×

X-flow makes big BHP

Mr Happy

Thing is Rob that 2 years ago Paul would have been in class 5, so maybe it is not too surprising that the times are coming down as whichever way you look at it the torque and the extra power of the 1800 will make them quicker.

I would say things have got much more competitive (read more expensive) in class 3 in the last 3 years. I suspect what i'll prove this year is that you can no longer turn up in a standard 1600 supersport on ACB's and be in the hunt.

Please don't read this as a complaint or criticism of the regs, it's simply an observation of how things have changed. I'll concentrate on learning the car this year and then spending £4,000 over the winter to monster the class next year *eek*

Steve

I'm a novice this year so no sour grapes! (yet!!0

The rules for 1600 and 1800 Ks seem pretty fair for class 2/3 and shoud ensure a even playing field. Only odd thing is that you can do anything you like to a x-flow, where as all I could do to my x-power 1.8 is fit verniers and a different exhaust.

I for one know of a perfectly reliable 180+ x-flow that might compete at a sprint or two that I know my car can't keep up with over 90mph. 40 bhp is a 28% power advantage!!

Now, if we could find a REALLY long track I would then have an advantage as the x-flow would have to stop for fuel every 5 miles! 😬 😬 😬

I think what i was trying to say/imply (probably very badly)was that currently in class 3 the car/engine combination that is leading the way is the 1800 superlights, and they are faster than anything the xflow and twinks have been able to produce before so complainging about those high powereed xflow/twinks is rather a moot point, IYSWIM 😳

Steve - possibly true but you do have the benchmark of your PB's and the previou bests by the unmodded 1600's to go against

and I am not sure what car you could buy for 4K, am assuming you will be in a different car next year *tongue*

rob *smile*

My MSN Space and Blog - Syndicate Using RSS

Guys

What you are all missing here is a lot of this is down to driver ability, give a relative novice a 193bhp xflow and he will be slow, give an experienced driver the same car and its a different story.

Money is better spent on improving driver ability rather than upgrades, Pauls car has no more power than other class 3 drivers so it can't be down to that. (No offence intended to the rest of Class 3 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬)

Graham

*smile*Lotus 7 Club General Secretary *smile*

Neil

You are still missing the point somewhat with your comments about xflows, they simply do not accelerate or have the power delivery in the right places to be hugely competitive against the K's.

I know this from bitter experience having had a xflow and competed in other peoples K series cars

Graham

*smile*Lotus 7 Club General Secretary *smile*