Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

front wheel camber

smiffyo

Smiffyo,

I don't know what the manual says but 1degree negative is probably a good place to start for road use on road tyres ,assuming you've got the full top wishbone and not the old fixed links as if you have they're not adjustable. To measure you'll need a camber gauge. They can be made but best to probably beg or borrow. Cheap ones to buy are about £45 last time I looked. To adjust you need to crack the top ball joint on the upright and screw in or out as required. One turn is about 0.25 of a degree from memory.

Cheers

Chris

• Area Representative

I was thinking of ordering a camber guage from Frosts here which seems a reasonable price at £29.00. Anyone used one?

This is just for a basic initial set-up really - final adjustment is probably best left to the professionals. It's been a while since I've done it but last time everything was laser checked for camber, toe-in, alignment etc. for about £40.00.

Crudders

Edited as I forgot to knock off the http prefix from the link again 😳

Edited by - Crudders on 22 Mar 2006 17:48:47

• Leadership Team

Crudders all,

Any recommendations for who will do a basic geometry set-up in the South-east. Sprint season is starting and my car has not been set up other than by eye for about years!

Thanks

Michael.

• Area Representative

Michael - I can't recommend anywhere ('my' outlet has closed down) but you could do worse than try Alignmycar here.

There are four centres listed in Slough ( *tongue* ), after the default-delete of the robbing b'stards who trade as Kwik-Fit that is.

Hope that helps,

Crudders