Click here if you are having website access problems ×

House next to the sea in Whitby

TriggersBroom

After many happy years in this place, it's time to move on. The Seven didn't particularly love it being parked here as it didn't get cleaned very often and started to rust away, but it loved being driven around the local roads and they were one of the reasons I moved there in the first place! 😬

Stunning sea views

Three bedrooms

Totally refurbished with new roof and windows

Detached garage with power/telecoms connections

Gardens on 3 sides, driveway to the 4th

Wired for most things including remote control alarm system

Check out the details (including pics of the amazing views from most rooms) at this site -

here

Drop me an email for any additional details, asking over 385K.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited by - Balkan on 20 Mar 2006 16:03:43

How can somewhere between Middlesborough and Scarborough appear so nice. And how long have they had SE house prices in Yorkshire???? I thought Mr Richens went there to save money.....

K2 RUM - The 7 in front of you is a DIESEL

Andy A:

Yes the view is available separately, apply Whitby Visitor Centre. Don't think there's much of a charge but you'll need to book into a B&B or bring a tent.

Nick H:

Great for parties too *cool*

EFA:

It's an incredibly beautiful place, although the fish and chips aren't as good as they should be. The golf course is five minutes walk away, pub is closer than that, and the beach is literally a stones throw away.

Cheers,

Chris.

(edited for crap spelling)

Edited by - Balkan on 21 Mar 2006 15:01:13

Would love it, but not in funds at the moment, we were thinking of a second property at the coast probably Whitby or Filey but it looks as if we will be looking for a bigger house here instead, unless we can find a real bargain or something that will contribute to its keep.

Not taking the mick serious question I assume “cavity wall drainage system” is 2 things

I see you are going for sealed bids, is the market really strong

What am I going to take to work today Clio, 7 or bike

Estate Agent, the agent suggested it was the best way of getting a decent sale as the house opposite is on the market for very similar cash (in fact a couple of years ago when it was for sale it went for almost the same amount being asked now). These houses are always in great demand as there's only two of them with such fantastic views at the end of a very quiet cul-de-sac with uninterrupted sea views - land is in short supply (unavailable close to the sea), so it's a very good location.

I have planning permission for a large 2-storey extension to the property (semi sunk into the ground to retain the aura of the main house), which could be run as a B&B, or indeed, live in the extension (with a 10m or so glass wall overlooking the sea) and use the house for a business.

I've no idea why the agent wanted to include the cavity wall drainage text in the sale. For a couple of years the house suffered from water ingress to the downstairs walls, so I got some engineers in to find out what the problem was - turned out that the cavity was breached (as a certain Mr. Paul Mango Dickens suggested many moons ago). Had bits of the sea-facing wall removed and the offending material taken out.

There's been a lot of work done over the years, no expense spared(!), there's only the kitchen to finish now, dependent upon whether the buyer wants the extension built or not.

Cheers,

Chris.