Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Quaiffe Pro. box

kenny.

Due to sale of HPC I have a Quaiffe Pro. box for sale. It was purchased new from SPC and is specifically for a VX powered 7.

Box has been fitted with needle rollers and has a 2.04 first followed by 1.54, 1.21, 1 to 1 with a .87 overdrive, it also has the machined alloy top cover/filler complete with breather pipe.

Vey little use and in great condition.....£750.

Also as new sierra diff taken from car after only 500 miles.....£100

Plus various front ARB's @ £25 each and set of billies for £50.

Kenny

Edited by - kenny on 17 Jan 2002 14:05:40

Doc, A chap has already said he'll have the box, but I'm not sure he'll get it to fit without hassles as he's not using it for the engine or car it's made for. If you give me your details I'll contact you if deal falls through.

Cheers

Kenny

Hi Kenny

I thought it would be non lsd at that price. So its not an good for me, thanks anyway.

As to Will comment not sure just looking out for a reasonably priced lsd 3.62. Its been suggested that this change in ratio would keep the engine more on the cam on the track. My engine is a little peaky (top of power 7750)its not that bad but Cadwell always shows it up. I end up taking corners in 2nd when 2 up (normally one or the other son is in car) which would be better in 3rd.

What I would like to do is get a good second hand one and compare the difference before I sell the 3.9 LSD one I have already. My Quaife box is 2.39 1.54, 1.21, 1:1 and 0.93. The only problem is I might end up wishing I had a chosen a different 1st 2.02 or 2.2 and a 0.88 5th!

"If you don't spin you ain't trying" did that going up the hill last time at Cadwell... first time for me! First time I tried it in 3rd!

Still this is getting WELL off subject.

Kenny, if you can not sell the diff on this site try the 7ns list with only 500 miles its a good deal.

Bill Ayre

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BDX with Brooklands Q 979 CGY

Hi Bill,

I fully understand your comments about your motor seeming "peaky".

When I bought new box I opted for 2.04 first and .87 overdrive to compliment the 3.9 Suretrack I bought, if I'd have gone for 3.62 lsd I'd certainly have put it with 2.39 box which you are using.....I'll keep my eyes open locally for you anyway in case suitable diff comes up.

Cheers,

Kenny

Hi Kenny

"I'd certainly have put it with 2.39 box which you are using"

Well that's reassuring I took a long time deciding on the first gear finally went for the 2.39. I live in Beckenham and take the car into London in the rush hour quite often. I thought I would get fed up with the 2.04 but I was very tempted to have the 2.2. With suggestions that the 3.62 might suit the car better I went for the 2.39. The 0.93 5th is a great gear as it still very drivable and lets me overtake easily without dropping a gear. If you looked at last years postings on the 7ns list I changed to 13" rims that should have helped but it did not as the rear A032 205/60/13 on non standard 7.5 rims as R500 "BM wheels" are actually a little bigger in diameter than the old 14" pilots. Still they cured the get the power down problem and are great for handling!

"I'll keep my eyes open locally for you anyway in case suitable diff comes up" I would appreciate that I am thinking about a cheap one from the breakers as a tryout. I really don't want to sell out £500 to find its great on the track but I hate it on the road.

Doing it again talking tech on the for sale list... Oh well whatever.

Bill Ayre

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BDX with Brooklands Q 979 CGY