Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lots of stuff

Nifty

Nifty,

My main reason for using eBay is because I have no idea of the value of the items i'm selling and eBay is an excellent way of finding an items market value. Kinda pointless to post on BC asking for advice on an items value - then re-posting an advert at that price.

BC is the only place I post to when I sell Caterham tat on eBay so in a way I *am* granting preferential access to L7C members :-)

If the concensus is that eBay links in the for sale forum are not the done thing then I will stick by that but I won't be the only person who's missing out - plenty of L7C members have benefitted from my cheap parts bin. I can't change my selling technique to include specific prices so all that will happen is that BC will not be aware of my auctions.

Jonny

BaT

Jonny,

Crack on - you have done nothing wrong that I can see.

There are pictures on Ebay for people to make an assessment of the state of the items, they can assess your (impressive) feedback rating, and you are accepting an electronic payment method. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

and they can set their price - if they have bid a reasonable amount they stand a fair chance of winning.

Seems strange that the consensus of opinion is that you shouldn't sell your Seven via Ebay as you won't get the going rate; doesn't the same logic apply to a buying components?