Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lots of stuff

Nifty

It was slightly tongue in cheek with regard to Seven-ups multiple listings.

However, I do believe that the 'honourable' thing to do would be either to advertise here at a price and if they don't sell after a given time put them on eBay, or just put them on eBay and let the punters bid and if people from here are looking for stuff let them find it.

I do find it irritating when people say they have something for sale and when you investigate they actually have it up for auction to all and sundry. It just doesn't seem in the L7C and Blatchat ethos to me.

Just my thoughts.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Nifty,

I didnt mean to offend anyone here.

I was just letting people know that I currently have 7 related goods listed on ebay, that may be of interest.

Every post clearly says that the items are listed on ebay.

Before posting I looked in the guidelines and there was nothing to say that goods advertised on ebay shouldn't be listed in the "for sale" section.

Maybe if you feel so strongly about this, you should pop something in the suggestions section and see if the guidelines can be ammended.

I can think of quite a few people who have posted links to their ebay adverts, so honestly didn't think my actions would offend anyone.

Steve

SE7EN-UP!

Incorporating the Caterham Links Database

Steve - I wouldn't take it personally (as I'm sure you're not!) - and if you hadn't posted on here I wouldn't be one of the watchers on your carb balancers *smile*.

It's a difficult one - to some extent I agree with Nifty (for once 😳 😬) that it's not really in the spirit of "helping other members" - but then again if it links to stuff I want then isn't that a good thing 🤔

I just dread to think what would have happened if glop2000 had found ebay... 😬 I miss him BTW *tongue* 😬

Andrew

Nothing personal Steve, there are indeed a number of people who have done this.

As I said it was written in humour, though I do have an underlying "issue" with advertsing eBay auctions.

It is just my personal opinion that if you are going to advertise on here it should be for the benefit of the members, and not a notification of a general free for all to the highest bidder. I personally believe that if eBay is the route you wish to take to dispose of your spares then great but you have taken the decision to put them on eBay you also accept the associated risk of them not being noticed by those who might be genuinely interested in them.

If you advertise on here then they should be available for purchase from here at a stated price (and this is written in the rules *tongue*)

You wouldn't advertise in Low Flying saying they were on eBay, so why here 🤔

Incidently, when I set that link up and tested it I noticed the eBay front page had a link to Ferraris so I took a look.

I just can't believe people sell (or try to sell) £50,000+ cars through such a web auction *confused* *confused*

That would be fair enough Graham if Barry wants to go to the trouble.

Personally I'd like to think that L7C members would give each other first shout. If you miss out on that extra £10 because you've sold at a fixed price to someone in the know, rather than to someone who stupidly pays over the odds (often above new value *confused*), see it as a contribution to the wealth of L7C and BC, which is worth a huge amount more in terms of the value of information and help.

Nifty, That is a fair point mate *thumbup*

One other thing to consider though is that some links are posted here not by the sellers, but by others who just happen to have noticed something being auctioned by someone (who could be a non-member) that we may be interested in. Not sure how we could accomodate that if we banned all e-bay links

Edited by - Graham Perry on 19 Mar 2006 16:21:52

Graham,

I'm not asking for all eBay links to be banned.

I'm going down the Press Complaints Commission type route where we self govern ourselves.

Thereby an occassional link to an item made by someone independent of the seller is not a problem.

However, increasingly For Sale is becoming a page of eBay links posted by fully active L7C and BC members auctioning off their own stuff.

Edited by - Nifty on 20 Mar 2006 23:12:28

Andrew (aka Mr C.Racer),

[hijack mode]

glad that the wings are o.k.

Fronts should be coming off soon - either due to the excessive cracking causing catastrophic failure, or with some intervention from me and a spanner.

If you've got any spare stickers that would suit a black car then please think of me,

[/hijack mode]

Dave.