Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting Nitron dampers

Shaun_E

• Support Team

My Nitron dampers arrived this morning so looks like I'll be freezing my bits off in the garage over the weekend.

What is the correct orientation to fit them? Spring at top or spring at bottom? I know they can be run "upside down" but what is upside down as there isn't a label for top and bottom *tongue*?

Any other fitting tips gratefully received.

Edited to say - opened other box to find bag of spacers 😳.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 17 Mar 2006 12:26:15

Edited by - Shaun_E on 17 Mar 2006 12:27:09

• Support Team

No manual on the Nitron site that I can see ☹️.

Another question: what is a good starting point for number of clicks on damper adjustment?

I found a post from Peter that recommending 14 back from hard on the rear but he couldn't remember the value for the fronts.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I fitted mine a month or so back and asked a couple people about how best to set them up. I've got them on a mid setting (if I recall there are 10 clicks across the full range) and plan to use the Anglesey track day to work from there.

If anyone has better advice on this I'd appreciate it.

R500 MPR

• Support Team

Went for 14 clicks from hard on both but I think the rear could do with being a bit softer. 150lbft rear springs are noticeably "bumpier" than the progressives I've taken off. Hopefully they'll bed in a bit. I have set my adjustable front ARB to the softest setting and I may need to soften the back as well (its on softest but one at the moment)

Guess I get to play with the settings at Llandow next weekend. 😬

I could really do with a professional setup as I found it quite difficult to get the ride heights even all round. I have approximately 15mm rake but it would be nice to have an expert take a look.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

See you there - hopefully I'll have had a bit more chance to play with the settings by then. Perhaps I'll try softening the dampers tomorrow or try softening the rear ARB.

The car was certainly well planted today - turn in was very confident - but I need to sort out the harsh rear because on very bumpy roads I found I couldn't control the throttle very well and if I hit a big bump then I ended up kangarooing ☹️

I can see this being a time consuming exercise but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I was at Oulton yesterday and started with all on the softist. I had not checked them for a long time, then went to 8 from lowest at the front and 10 at rear, changed again and went 10 all round. Its my 2nd season with them and still tring to get a grips with the settings.

I asked Nitron at the Autosport show for some instructions and was told the would send some. still not arrived. I have it on my list todo and will call Guy tomorrow to see if they have anything yet.

I will post what if any thing is sorted.

David

SL #146

I have had a chat with Guy and the situation is like this.

Guy has not got an instruction booklet that say's if you change x then y will happen. He say's he can not do this as he does not know what the affects are on a 7. He has a good idea but rather than guess he is planning on finding out.

To do this development work he (Nitron) have bought a 7. I am sure that Guy will preduce something for us, but at this time it is not avalable.

I am sure that this will only be of benifit to all of us that use Nitron dampers, and welcome Guy to the world of 7's.

David

SL #146