Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Thermostat - part number?

Ian Barkley

I can't help with the part number I'm afraid, but I bought a lower temperature (74°C as opposed to 88°C I think) thermostat from Minister Power here recently - phoned them up and it arrived in the post a couple of days later. I might be wrong, but as I understood the conversation I had with the chap at Minister, they make up the 74°C thermostats to order as they are not available off the shelf, though, as I say, I might have misunderstood. Minister can also supply a lower temperature fan switch to go with the thermostat.

Adam

I have an 82 deg stat, Halfords HTK 605. I just took the 88 deg jobby into Halfords & went through the book looking for something similar that would fit. I then opened the boxes & compared what the book said to what I had. Bought the one which was an identical overall size. Works OK.

Like Mick D I run an 82* stat, but the car always felt fitter, faster, better with the 88*. It's just that at last years Detling Kit Car show it arrived nice 'n' hot; then it got the dreaded won't-start-'till-it's-cooled-off problem due higher than normal under bonnet ambient temp. Went back to the 82*. Problem solved, but car isn't as nice I think.

Hi Chris -

but the car always felt fitter, faster, better with the 88

That's interesting. My solenoid is wrapped with heat protection wrapper but I still get the K click - probably exhaberated by the competition exhaust?

If a lower stat would help alleviate the K click, I might try a new one - but am interested as to your feeling that the car was less responsive with the lower rated stat?

Cheers,

Den

http://www.dens7.co.uk