Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Common Awkward tool sizes to buy

DohNut

I am looking to put a small order into a tools website to try and fill in some gaps in my tool selection, I have got by bodging a little in the past but for this re-build I want the right tools - and now I cant remember any *mad*

I have got a good selection of imperial sockets and a full set of metric sockets and spanners but few duplicate spanners (tempted by a set of Halfords pro ratchet spanners)

🤔What are the common imperial sizes on the chassis and X-flow engine 🤔

Top damper Hex key imperial bigger than 9mm = 3/8in 🤔

The horrible nut with no access under the inlet manifold is needs 1/2in spanner

What size is the big nut under the headlamp 🤔

PS on bikes what is the most common Hex key size? I ought to get a T-Handle Key

Cheers

Nick

• Support Team

*thumbup* for the Halfords Pro ratchet spanners. I got the metric ones with a 3/8" socket set that my wife bought me two Xmases ago, but it was missing a 15mm one which is quite a useful size. So Xmas just gone I asked Santa for the imperial set and the missing 15mm size - she came up trumps again 😬.

The spanners are really well made and have nice small increment on the ratchet that means you can use them easily in confined spaces. The downside is that the ratchet heads are flat where a normal ring spanner head would be angled. I don't find this a problem most of the time, but I have seen ratchet spanners where the head pivots as well allowing more fleixbility.

Yellow SL *cool* #32