Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

SPA

Mcalvert

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few places left but it's filling up fast as people are sorting time off work etc.

Just working with Jonny at Bat sorting out final instructions which I hope to post to entrants early next week.

Geoff *smile*

I'll be posting confirmation packs to entrants tomorrow so hopefully will be with you all by the weekend or Monday at the latest.

I still have a few places left at Spa for those that are interested.

Geoff *smile*

Got my confirmation pack today. Some questions for the more experienced

Which is the best route/method to get across the channel?

Where to stay?

Is it best to book two nights - travel out on the Wed and back on the Friday or try and get back on the Thursday night?

If leaving early on the Wednesday, is a quick trip to the ring doable on wednesday afternoon?

Thanks

Simon

The Ring opens about 1700 on the Wednesday. Doing it from home is a big day - esp as you are unlikely to get back to Spa until around 2200.

In my view it makes more sense to get across/under channel on Tuesday night, go to Spa and check into hotel Wednesday morning, then on to Ring. But then I'm trailer trash.

Martin

R500 MPR

Simon - Depends on how you are travelling. If you are trailering, or not.

If you are trailering then the traditional RORO ferry is cheapest (so far as I can see).

If you are driving the car over then speed ferries or euro tunel (if you can get a deal Euro Tunnel is a nice option).

Thanks all. Yeah I'm trailer trash as well. So it looks like unless I can make a start on Tuesday night the ring isn't worth the extra grief/travel with a Wednesday departure. With the distance, etc, looks like the best way is, out on Wedneday and back on Friday. Thanks all for the info.

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to book one of the hotels mentioned in the pack for 23rd/24th Aug, but apparently it has to be done through BookaTrack. I am not a member of BookaTrack, does anyone know if it is possible to book through them, and if so, how?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...