SPA

Mcalvert

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leadership Team

Wahoo *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Making SPA was looking very unlikely when I discovered that my Xflow block had a crack in it on the way to trhe MIRA sprint two weeks ago.

However, a super rapid turn-around by Vulcan Engineering has got me a fully rebuilt engine on a fresh block within the fortnight. Put it in with the help of a friend on Saturday (the first time either of us had ever done anything like this without help from more knowedgeable people) and it started first time *smile* *smile*

Just driven it to Southern Carbs who are going to set it up for me. So, it won;t exactly be fully run in, but SPA, here we come!

Michael (currently rather happy 😬)

I'm sure he will David *smile* Sadly I will be stuck at work ☹️ but am flying out to meet him in Nice on Saturday to take the 7 to Corsica for a week 😬

Have fun at Spa everyone *thumbup* (not jealous - honest *tongue*)

See you all there - my first mission weds afternoon/thurs morning is to change the front discs and pads and swap tyres front to rear...... Not driving on the club day unless someone can lend me a 7 for a lap or two, however i'm looking for lots of px laps to prepare for the day after!

• Leadership Team

First thing I will need to do when I arrive will be an oil and filter change as part of the running in. Anyone know if there are oil disposal facilities at SPA?

Thanks - Michael.

• Area Representative

Micheal, excellent news *thumbup* *thumbup*

I hope everyone has a good day (or two.) As if you wouldn't I won't be sitting enviously at work

Adil, feeling glum cos I'm not going to Spa ☹️

well - there was more important maintenance to do before the track day and i thought I'd better give myself something to do on the club day as i'm not allowed to play!

Didn't want to change the pads before the TD as there was good amount left on them suitable for the drive (and this week is my first time off).

And neil - as i recall, some plonker wrecked the old hubs which is why i had to buy replacements 😬

Anyway - I'm in spa now with my feet up looking forward to tomorrow. Hotel's good - got free wireless internet access here too. Only broke down once on route when a jubilee clip broke and a hose popped off, letting all my coolant escape. Spotted it within seconds, no steam anywhere, just fluids on windscreen and sealed it all back up again and carried on....