Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Its in the garage at last....Now with photo's!

DSL

Mark, drove it about 30ft before suffering multiple stalls ☹️ ☹️ Due to a overly rich fuel map (very sooty plugs after 3 mins of running) so revised MBE map on the way shortly to cure that I hope, but after 6mths of planning & waiting I am still pleased to have got that far 😬 😬

The car looks the nuts, the care & attention to detail taken during the build by Dave K is a real credit to him, so a big thanks for his help during the birth of this car *thumbup* *thumbup*

Rob, piccies wise I don't have a clue how to do a link thingy, have to leave that sort of thing to you whizz kids 😬 😬 If you like I will email a few to you tonight to post for all to see 🤔(however none of these will feature me actually "loving "the car 😬 😬)

BB, do these things ever get properly finished 🤔 You can always find an excuse to while away several hours in the garage, to tinker with something 😬 😬

Update- Turns out the stalling was caused by the throttle pot being out of alignment & the idle air flow being out of range, now sorted by my ever improving spannering skills (when told what to do first) 😳 😳

Its now sounding as crisp as a very crisp thing indeed 😬 😬

Just got to let the Sika flex holding the front wings on set, then follow the very conservative running in procedure (20 miles at no more than 80% throttle, then to phrase Mistral "hold on" 😬 😬)

Can't wait *cool*

• 3 weeks later...