Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Genuine Caterham Blackbird - Reduced

Gary Furst

Built by Blackbird Motorsport from the official Caterham kit and road registered in March 2002 (Taxed and MOT'd until March 07).

The car is fitted with an 1137cc Fuel Injected Honda Blackbird engine (minus Balancer Shafts) with a dry sump lubrication system and a Raceco Titanium repackable silencer (99dBA @ 8000rpm). It also has an uprated race 'box using Nova Gears and an electric reverse, uprated Alcon Brakes (Pagid Blue Pads), 56L Fuel tank and a Superlight Roll-cage. The car comes with 4 wheels (Slicks on 3 piece Magnesium Wheels, Wets or Road Legal Tyres on Revolution 4 spoke wheels). Plumbed in Fire Extinguisher (Mechanical) and 5 Point 3" Wide Seatbelts (valid until 07). LSD and Widetrack suspension.

The car weighs 440kg and has approximately 175bhp.

The car won its class in 2002, 2003 & 2004 in the Jag Car Club Centurian Challenge endurance series (Championship Runner-up in 2003 and Winner in 2004).

£15,500 – (Spare Wheels, Tonneau, Wings, Half Doors Extra)

Gary Furst – E-Mail – gary.furst@freeuk.com

Mobile – 07968 162296

Edited to add more details.

Edited by - gary furst on 19 Apr 2006 12:27:42

Edited by - gary furst on 23 Apr 2006 08:39:54

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

I can not justify owning another Seven ☹️, even to myself.

The car won its class in 2002, 2003 & 2004 in the Jag Car Club Centurian Challenge endurance series (Championship Runner-up in 2003 and Winner in 2004).

Isn't that down to driver, more than car? *smile*. danm sure that if I was at the wheel the car would be lucky to get in. 😬

On a serious note: I am amazed that this is still sitting around, must be a well sorted BEC. If (repeat if) I wanted to swop a decently sorted (if rather battered) high mileage crossflow car - then I would go for a BEC. Knowing that plenty of BECs went down to Switzerland for the International meeting means that they are OK for touring as well as track.

GJT

Celerior quam currus festinans...

• 3 weeks later...