Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wet Sump

C7JFM

The time to talk is now, remember that come the spring it will be in great demand. All those badly repaired surfaces just waiting for the unsuspecting, low slung, Vx Caterhams on 13" wheels. And then where will you go? Caterham, with loads of money, thinking "I wish I'd bought that cheap sump off Dave in the winter".

Go on, make me an offer I can't refuse.

Dave

Nice one.....

FWIW I have a hole in my sump and it doesnt bother me. Davey, be aware the wet sumps are very robust anyway, so Aves is being overly cautious.....

I'm still waiting for the BevD to get back to me with a price for his used dry sump pan.

Get this: I spoke to him after he posted he had one for sale. During this phone converstaion he said he had no idea what price it would be and he'd get back to me.

I left him a phone message, he still didn't answer.

Had I not spoken to him I would be left thinking neither he nor the sump actually exist.

So if you are out there BevD (or Steve as I think you prefer to be known) I'm still interested in buying your sump.

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

arn or is it fat arn what tel message is this you left then , i have an answer phone . and i do like to be known as steve because strangley enough thats my name . bev's my wife who registerd on the site . no the sump hasn't sold its still attached to my car . the only reason i havn't got back to anybody is i havn't had the time , due to family problems and illness so before you start slagging people off that you don't know think ? you couldn't of tried to hard to contact me . by the way who bought your gear box

Steve,

Sorry if I have p***ed you off a little, but the arrangement was actually that you would get back to me. I left two messages on your cellphone voicemail which I think is enough.

My gearbox is not sold, I mearely have two offers on it at the right price if I decide to change the type of box in my car. I wont know that until end of March.

So how much do you want for your sump?? I can get a new one direct from Titan for £120 - If its got nothing other than light scratches, I'll offer you £60.

I still dont undrstand that if you are selling your car as a complete vehicle, how you can sell the sump separately.

PS you can call me Fat although its a slightly out of date description now......

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Edited by - Fat Arnie on 19 Jan 2002 18:32:39

arn the car will be sold with complete new dry sump system from qed because you cannot fit steel flywheel and twin plate ap clutch in the dry sump bellhousing so hence thats why it's for sale ,it might be easier if i sell the dry sump system complete . i am new to caterhams so have no idea what it is actually worth complete

arn the car will be sold with complete new dry sump system from qed because you cannot fit steel flywheel and twin plate ap clutch in the dry sump bellhousing so hence thats why it's for sale ,it might be easier if i sell the dry sump system complete . i am new to caterhams so have no idea what it is actually worth complete