Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Caterham dry sump hoses - k series?

SLR No.77

• Leadership Team

Does anyone have any spare Caterham dry sump hoses, for example following upgrade to fancy ali-ended ones etc? I'm looking for the two braided ones - pump to tower, and belltank to sump. Also a scavenge hose would be good, but maybe that's just wishing for a miracle 😬

Also posted in "wanted" here.

Stu.

Edited by - sforshaw on 9 Mar 2006 21:57:09

Look in yellow pages - find local hydraulic hose supplier - take the fittings you want the hoses to go between if you don't know the threads (guessing 1/2" BSP with 60 deg seat) and tell them how long and what it's for . . . almost certain to be cheaper than an automotive place.

It's what I did with mine - I just can't remember the thread sizes now.

Bri

• Leadership Team

Ok, thanks for the help *thumbup*

I've taken on board the idea of making my own, using the blue push-fit hosing I had from Think some time back. This was for a Laminova fitment, but of course the whole setup changes with a d/s fitted. Does anyone have any idea of the BSP sizes of the various connectors - I've never got my head around how to measure BSP fittings with a ruler, so I can only comment as follows:

1. Belltank bottom exit, sump front entry, and scavenge out appear to be a larger size, eg 5/8" BSP ?????? Can anyone confirm this?

2. Belltank top entry (intended eventually to have a blank fitted due to a tower fitment, which I guess is the same size entry) is a smaller size, same as the Apollo/sandwich plate unions, which I'm guessing is 1/2" BSP ?????? Can anyone confirm this also?

Peter - IIRC, JIC is the fitting size for the Laminova *confused* Or are we talking a brand? Excuse my ignorance!

Stu.

Edited by - sforshaw on 10 Mar 2006 17:22:39

Laminovas, Oil coolers etc are all available with either BSP or JIC fittings. The choice is yours but the engineering standard in this country is still British Standard Pipe Thread-most real engineers have never heard of JIC, which is an American non-metric fitting which used to be called AF (Air Force)

More of the modern ally fittings are available in JIC than BSP.

Don't know what standard Pace use on their DS pans, but my Caterham VX DS pan and Belltank has 1/2 BSP threads, which on the standard installation take 1/2 to 5/8 BSP male/male adaptors which connect to the hose fittings.

In order to plumb the thing with decent modern hose fittings I've replaced the adaptors with 1/2 BSP to JIC 10 adaptors and my cooler and stat have JIC 10 fittings with Dash 10 hose all through.

Paul

Paul