Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help with removal of carbon dash and installing Stack.

dba11

Has anyone removed a Carbon Dash?

If so, how easy is it? and what is the best way?

I am also looking at installing a Stack triangular type dash, and have heard that part of the dash frame needs to be modified. Is this true? and does anyone know how to modify it?

TIA

Daren.

The scuttle top tube needs to be *modified*. Arch do a lovely job of this by using an angle grinder to get a radiused recess to take the top of the triangular stack unit and then brazing in a plate to fill the hole - they re-powdercoat obviously. The first bit of this is obviously easy for anybody to do and it's behind the dash so who's going to know...

You need to be very careful with the carbon dash. There is a very thin section just above the steering column. Drill out all the rivets you can see and ease the dash away from the glue/sealant where it is obvious it is stuck down. Be careful.

Hi Mike,

Yes the dash will be for sale once i have removed it, but have not advertised it yet. I am not sure when it will be removed (hopefully in the next month) and whether it will still be in one piece. I'll try and be VERY careful.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your advice, i will be very careful. I knew you had done this a few years ago, but didn't have your email.

Regards

Daren.

Hi Graham,

How is your car? going ok?

I bought the Stack a year ago, but haven't installed it yet. As I popped a few valves last year I thought it might be best to instal the stack for a few seconds more warning of damage to anything. Whether it will help we will have to see.

Cheers