Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Respray

john aston

Prompted by EFA thread re colours am toying with respray of mine; never really liked cherry pearl (dark red ) and would prefer vv dark brg and orange nose stripe a la BRM GP car of late 60s.Have never had acar reprayed- any idea on what would cost for a top quality job ?

Having seen what the 7 Workshop did to mine to strip it back, that'd be 4 wings off, front suspension off, inner panels loosened where they meet the ali, roll cage (if any) removed, petrol filler detached....

G for Geoff

• Area Representative

Good colour choice John - exactly what Tony at TSK has just done on mine *cool* Drop me a blatmail if you want to brain-pick.

I can't recommend Tony highly enough, he does a top job *thumbup*

Crudders

Not sure if the 7 Workshop or TSK did the 'masking'.

I would like to make it clear that those accusations about me from Paul Davis were never proven.

BTW - mine is now Austin Healey Old English White, so your proposed scheme sounds like one from a good era to me (won't mention the Rover 200's that tried to use it a few years ago *eek*)

G for Geoff

Am having mine done at the moment;

stripped back @ TSK means; rear wings off, the top rivets drilled out on all the inner panels , seats out, radiator out, partial dismantle of the front suspension. If you partially dismantle the front suspension, you might as well take the engine & gearbox out first, so you can manouvour the car (like a wheelbarrow) after. You don't need to do any masking yourself.

stephen

Edited by - stephen grant on 9 Mar 2006 11:52:21