Click here if you are having website access problems ×

To widetrack conventionally, or to go push rod?

CageyH

Yep, complete with Verniers and airbox.

Just need to put an extra 300cc under the head I have waiting to be ported, with some steel bits added as well. 😳

That will be cheap!

Oh, I forgot, I need the dry sump as well!

You want the Mike Barnby Mag alloys really 😳 they are much lighter than the Caterham 8 spokes.

For what it's worth I moved from standard (admitedly old) bilstiens to Nitrons on my car and noticed a HUGE improvement in ride and handling, I then went to widetrack and noticed a change but it wasn't enourmous. I haven't driven a pushrod car yet though.

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Kev, looking forward to letting you know all about my upgrade saga next time we meet up. You're correct in thinking it's not cheap, but I know that it will be worth all the expense (and having the car off the road for ages) once i've finished.

My 1900cc's should be on the road in the next few days 😬 😬 😬 😬

Rik Robarts - bl**dy bright orange 1900k here

Falling rate - as the wheel goes up, the amount of damper compression put unit of wheel going up decreases.(as the damper becomes more horizontal)

Rising rate = opposite

This is more of a problem with widetrack as the damper starts closer to horizontal. If you look at ECR's front suspension setup, you'll see the top damper mounting point has been moved out in order to counter this effect.

Edited by - Alex Wong on 9 Mar 2006 15:43:26

The car doesnt know it has pushrod suspension - the pushrod will only offer and advantage as it increases the rate under compression rather than falling rate on the std setup. The overall setup geometry has a massive effect over the std fromt he factory

The big change will be from a change of dampers in my opinion and a good setup of geometry.

I dont know if the price of the freestyle inboard includes the dampers or if they are including AVO dampers.

I went from Billy M0 > M1 > AVO > Nitron and each change has made a noticable difference - but only gives any real benifit at 90% +++ driving on track I reckon.

here is C7 TOP