Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Got a roadsport/supersport? Fancy 170bhp for £1200?

ben7

Sold my car over the weekend ☹️, so don't have much use the following any more ...

Hellier Performance head, ported and fitted with big valves and 964 cams

52mm throttle body

Emerald ECU

You just need to buy a new head gasket and bolts. Emerald already programmed for an 1800 k series.

All of the parts have done 800 miles or so.

Not looking to split if I can help it, but if I have to, I already have a buyer for the Emerald.

Thanks

Ben

Edited by - V500OSV on 23 Mar 2006 11:34:55

Ben - v. interested in this, so 1st dibs (at least until I can do some research tonight - currently in the office and really ought to do some work....)

Couple of Qs:

- do you know if there is a map available for a 1.6K install?

- Is this listed on the Hellier website anywhere?

Dave

Hi Ben - you looked very sad when we pulled away with your car. I imagine you didn't take long to finish off that bottle of wine!

At least you will be reunited again in a few months time - albeit for a short time.

Cheers

Rich

*thumbup*

Hi Dave,

I think that the 180bhp kit listed here will be the same head/kit, although I bought the bits seperately.

From memory, the Emerald comes with a disk with numerous maps on it for various different installs, which will probably include a 1600. Very simple to put a new map on it if you have a laptop. I put my car on a rolling road to set it up, but I drove it there using one of the supplied maps. You *should* be ok doing the same so long as you keep the rev's down, although I'm sure there are more qualified people on Blatchat who can advise. If in doubt you can always trailer it there.

I would certainly recommend a rolling road session at about £200 though.

Just thought, I can't remember whether the verniers are fitted to it at the moment, I would be looking for an additional £100 if they are. I will have a look tonight and also check which maps are supplied.

Alternatively, if you were looking for more power 200 - 210bhp say, then Jason (at Hellier) gave me a very sensible price for a replacement engine (block) with steel internals, utilising this head/ecu with dth tb's. It might be worth giving him a call if this was of interest.

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks Bri, I took some photo's of the car before it went, including it on the back of a trailer disapearing into the distsnce, maybe we could paint this instead - maybe you could capture the pathos, despair, longing etc *wink*

Mind £120 for a genuine Tyrone original watercolour of your car seems like great value to me, I wonder whether anybody else would be interested in one .....

Back on topic, head still for sale.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon guys this is a bargain ...

Should point out that the Emerald is wired for an EU2 K series, you'll have to do a bit of rewiring/buy a different plug (£12) if you want to fit it to an EU3 engine.

Thanks,

Ben