Click here if you are having website access problems ×

21R's & Minilites

Rob Morris

Try George Polley Motorsport. He's the Yoko man. Tel 01435 863679 He supports the Clubs race meetings. He's usually as competitive as Demon Tweeks and will fit and balance them for you, of course that means you've got to go to a race meeting! I should imagine he does mail order as well. Don't know about wheels - try putting a note in the wanted section or back of Low Flying.

I've just switched from A021Rs to A032Rs, on 13" wheels. I've been getting them from

Easytrack, tel 01785 661 798 (I think they're on a track day in Spain until Wednesday/Thursday).

Last price I paid was about UKP55, which included VAT and fitting.

Incidentally, does anyone else find the A032Rs really squeally on some surfaces, even at moderate speeds?

I'm looking out for some 2nd hand 13" wheels myself...wink.gif

Nick

Hard to measure the difference between the 32s and 21s on the road as the swap came just a couple of hundred miles before Hyperion fitted a rear anti roll bar and a red-bushed front (in place of the orange).

So, the car's feel has changed a lot, mostly down to the suspension but probably partly the tyres. I dare say many would disagree but I'm not convinced the 32s are much grippier on the road, though they possibly give a smoother ride.

Both before and after the arbs were fitted, the 32s squealed on a couple of local roundabouts at pretty sedate speeds, whereas the 21s were quiet.

Others say the 32s are significantly better on the track though, comparing them with ACB10s. I haven't been on a track with them yet but if they're anything like ACB10s, they are better than 21s. I have used them in the rain and they seem fine, so long as you don't go mad.

Plus they look like bike tyres, ie much better!

Nick